I. Kelvin-Helmholtz Instability at Earth's Magnetosphere Boundary Layer, 2010.08 - present
The magnetopause has long been considered to Kelvin-Helmholtz (K-H) unstable, for the existence of the velocity shear at the boundary. In the past five decades, lots of authors have discussed this issuse. We carried out K-H at the boundary layer in the global MHD simulation model, and attampt to know more about it.
II. Magnetopause Current Amount, 2008.07 - 2008.08
We calculate the total amount of magnetopause current under various solar wind conditions, by using PPMLR-MHD model. This is one part of "USTC Under-Graduate Research Program".
- Instability Phenomena in Earth's Magnetosphere
- Data Analysis and Visualization of Simulations and Observations
- Space Scince / Space Weather
- Session Chair & Speeker; 2011 International Conference on Storms, Substorms, and Space Weather (ICSSSW2011), Hangzhou, China, Sep 18-23, 2011.
- Student; The Solar/Space MHD International Summer School, Hefei, China, July 15-21, 2011.
- Tourist; The 13th National Symposium on the Sun-Earth Space Physics, Yinchuan, China, Aug 20-25, 2009.
Interactive Data Language (IDL), Fortran 77, C, MATLAB, HTML